Hello, you! Happy New Year! Welcome, 2017. How was your New Years? Did you spend it getting drunk af, or just a quiet night in? I spent mine in Brisbane city this year, eating Vapiano’s pasta, drinking a lychee martini (ew, by the way) and watching fireworks with two of my closest friends. It was the first time I had ever been into Brisbane to see the new year, which is kind of odd considering I have lived here for 20 years. Stupidly, I fell asleep before seeing in 12 AM, but that’s fine; I had a decent nights sleep.
So January the 1st, hey? Time for more New Years Reso’s that we will probably not even come close to achieving like every other year. But ah well, it’s a tradition! Let’s think of some anyway. Last year’s resolutions I set for myself were purposely minimalistic as I had the most stressful year in 2015 and just need some time to have zero ambitions. Let’s take a look back
My first was to ‘be less selfish and do more for others’; at the start of 2016 I think I did pretty well at this, but to be honest, towards the end of 2016 I got very antsy and wanted to be alone more than usual so this developed into being more selfish than usual. My second was to ‘say yes to more’; and I feel like I did do this! I booked a solo trip, and I tried new little things along the way. My third was to ‘participate in 12 months of books- read a new book every month’; HAHA, this didn’t happen. I think I read between five to seven books this year..
- Into Thin Air: by Jon Krakauer (read my book review here)
- Me Before You: by Jojo Moyes (read my book review here)
- World Of Wanderlust: by Brooke Saward
- The Walking Dead Comic Volume One: by Robert Kirkman
- Dan and Phil Go Outside: by Dan Howell and Phil Lester
and I can’t remember whether I read ‘If I Stay’ and ‘Where She Went’ by Gayle Forman in 2016 or 2015.
Overall I accomplished one of my three resolutions last year. Poor effort, Racquel. 2017 is going to be my year i’ve decided. 2016 was my break, so now it’s time to get back into the swing of things. For the whole Internet to see, and for all of you to judge me as to whether I complete these resolutions or not, here are my 2017 New Year Resolutions.
- Take some Piano lessons; i’ve always wanted to learn.
- Continue to keep learning French
- Release one blog post once a week
- Socialise more
- Save as much money as possible
- Make definite plans to move out of home in 2018
- Graduate university with the best grades possible
- Put together a professional portfolio of design work
- Enrol into a Masters degree OR land myself a full-time job
- Try everything- even if i’m afraid to- on my euro-trip!
- Video and Document my euro-trip
- Volunteer once a month
- Book a Graduation Holiday
That’s a pretty lengthy list that I think is realistic but substantial enough. Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2017 is filled with nothing but joy, happiness, love and laughter for you and I hope you experience nothing but positives. Make 2017 your year!
Follow Wild Highway!
SUBSCRIBE to receive email notifications of new posts
Click LIKE below this post if you want to follow my success/failure of this year’s reso’s
REBLOG this post to make your new years resolutions come true.
Leave a REPLY/COMMENT to wish us all luck in 2017