I’ve seen this trend circulating the inter-webs quite frequently lately, and from first sight it had me intrigued. If you know me well, you probably would have noticed that I love myself a good list; I make lists for L I T E R A L L Y everything! I would go so far as to say that I make lists on a daily basis. Guilty. Another thing I seem to do quite frequently is make goals for myself that I never end up actually accomplishing (just take a look at all my New Years Resolutions posts)…
But I also love the thought of working towards something, so heck, I’m going to do this and try my very hardest to accomplish everything on it. For those who are not as familiar with this trend as I am, it’s called the ’30 before 30’ list. In short, you write a list of 30 goals that you would like to accomplish before you’re 30. You then revisit this list as often as you’d like to view your progress and you update it accordingly over the years to match new goals you’ve developed.
At the time of writing this list, I’m 21. I feel like my life is more unfulfilled than fulfilled; there are quite a number of things I really want to do that take time. For example, if I could, I’d move to England in a heartbeat, but staying at my new job for at least a year and saving enough money is something that I want to do and something that takes time. I have just less than nine years to complete this list, and honestly, I think it’s doable; anything is doable if you put your mind to it.
So here we go; here is my 30 before 30 list…
- Dye my hair an eccentric colour; like fairy floss pink or a lavender purple!
- Graduate from university with some sort of post-graduate degree
- Move to England, particularly London at some point, for at least six months on my own
- Become fluent in a language other than English
- Write a book!
- Travel to Japan during cherry blossom season
- Trek Mt. Everest base camp
- Celebrate Oktoberfest in Germany
- Rent an apartment and furnish it into the apartment of my dreams!
- Run and complete a marathon
- Take my Mum to Canada, because she really wants to see Canada-land!
- Overlook the Grand Canyon
- Go back to the place where I realized where I wanted my life to take me; in the middle of a sports field in the lovely Regent’s Park.
- Hold a management position or have the ability to work for myself
- Visit the small town of Forks, Washington, where younger Racquel’s Twilight obsession was based.
- Fill a full journal with lots of memories
- Write something about my experiences with mental health
- Own and love my own little fur baby (a Pomeranian would be preferable).
- Experience a white Christmas!
- Find my soul mate, whether in a lover or best friend.
- Go skinny-dipping… I’ve never been skinny-dipping.
- Save for a house/flat deposit
- Finally find the guts to get a tattoo, even if it’s only tiny!
- Confidently wear a bikini
- Wake up in a bed next to an open bay window or open doors
- Be healthier, mentally and physically.
- Try a space cake in Amsterdam…
- Sail to Greece
- Ride every line on the Tube (idk, I just have a fascination with the Underground…)
- Be loved and love more.
Make a list of your own! It’s a self-encouraging way to set, measure, and hopefully achieve your personal and professional goals.
Thank you for reading!