A new year has dawned, so that calls for a little update of my 30 before 30 list! The last time I updated this list was July 4th 2018, six months after I wrote the original. After a think, I’ve decided that I’ll update this list at the start of every year rather than twice in one year. Twice in a year just seems too much.
All throughout high school and university, my business teachers, lecturers and tutors drilled into the curriculum that goals must be SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-bound). As I’ve updated this list, I’ve resumed most of my old goals and created brand new ones whilst keeping this SMART principle in mind.
Since July last year I’ve dyed my hair an eccentric colour (purple plum), I graduated from university with my graduate certificate in tourism management, I have set myself up to move to England next month and I took my Mum and my sister on an overseas holiday. With these goals ticked off the list, it’s time for new ones.
Take a peak into my head and have a glance at the direction I hope my life will take before my thirties…
- Learn to speak German and become relatively fluent
- Write a book of some kind
- Trek to Mount Everest base camp
- Celebrate Oktoberfest in Munich
- Become self-employed
- Fill a journal full of memories for a whole year
- Adopt a puppy!
- Experience a White Christmas
- Try skinny dipping
- Go to a god damn music festival! You’re 22, Rac!
- Rent out my own apartment
- Save for a house deposit
- Muster up the courage to get a tattoo
- Eat a colourful and healthier balanced diet
- Loose those kilograms and get down to your goal weight
- Work on your mentality. Do things that will make you happier.
- Try a space cake in Amsterdam
- Visit the Auschwitz Memorial in Poland
- Love more.
- Actively try to socialise a little more… make new friends
- Open yourself up to the idea of a relationship. Fall in love!
- Become more fashion-forward. Walk away from the Kmart and spend that disposable income of yours on something a little better in quality.
- You have an unhealthy addiction to anything chocolate… reduce that.
- Take up running
- Campervan around Iceland!
- Put your phone down and read more, like you used to.
- Really make some effort with your career. Land that high paying job that you’ve always dreamed of.
- Learn the say the really long name of that place in Wales; Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (it’d be a cool party trick)
- Participate in some volunteer work
- Put more thought into gifts